Excel Driver Training Terms and Conditions
- All Excel Driving Centre instructors are self-employed franchisees of Excel Driver Training and are registered with the DVSA.
- Instructors will act in accordance with the Code of Practice for Approved Driving Instructors set out by the Driver And Vehicle Standards Agency a copy of which is available from DVSA website. Instructors drive modern dual controlled cars maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The contract is between the instructor as principle and the pupil. Excel Driver Training acts as an agent of the instructor in introducing the pupil to the instructor and the pupil acknowledges that the company has no liability to the pupil in respect of any other matter which is subject to the contract between the pupil and the instructor. Tuition times shall be at the discretion of the driving instructor. Lessons normally start and finish at the same point within the local area. The collection and return point may be varied at the discretion of the instructor but any additional journey time that may result will be included in and charged as part of the lesson. The instructor shall be entitled to make an additional charge at his/her own discretion for instruction started or finished outside the training area. Such a charge shall be by agreement between the instructor and the pupil. Lessons are charged at an hourly rate based on the Excel Driver Training price list. This charge will be agreed between the instructor and pupil but may be subject to periodic review. The “Starter Special” offer is limited to new customers to Excel only. The discounted “Student” rate applies only to those in full time education, which is defined as a minimum of 16 hours per week of teaching or lectures during the academic term. The instructor is entitled to see the Student enrolment form to confirm the course details before agreeing to this concession. With the exception of vouchers which are purchased direct from Excel Driver Training payment for tuition should be made to the instructor in cash or by cheque at the commencement of each lesson. The instructor shall have the right to re-arrange any appointment to a time convenient to both parties if the instructor is not available for any reason.
- Cancellation of lessons by the pupil with less than 24 hours notice will incur the full lesson price at the Instructors discretion.
- The Instructor has the right to withhold the use of either his/her car should he consider the pupil to be unsafe through drink, drugs, lack of experience or for any other reason pertaining to the safety of the pupil, the instructor or damage to the car.
- The hiring of an Excel instructor and Excel car is booked at the current hourly rate, the hire time to be agreed between the pupil and the instructor. This fee excludes the DVSA driving test fee.
- Neither the instructor nor Excel Driver Training shall be responsible for any expenses incurred by the pupil if a driving test is booked without the approval of the instructor.
- The instructor shall have the right to withhold the use of his/her car by the pupil. If the pupil has a previously approved driving test if in the opinion of the instructor insufficient progress is made or there is a deterioration in the pupils standard of driving that may result in taking the test being inappropriate unwise or dangerous. Neither the instructor nor Excel Driver Training shall be responsible for any expenses incurred by the pupil.
- Whenever possible the instructor’s car with which the pupil is familiar will be made available for a driving test approved by the instructor. However there may be circumstances such as, but not limited to accident or necessary repair to the car and the illness of the instructor or other personal circumstances which make this impossible. In this event Excel Driver Training will make every endeavour to provide a substitute car (which may have to be of a different make) and/or another instructor to fulfil the commitment to the test, failure to do so will render neither the instructor nor Excel Driver Training liable for any expenses incurred by the pupil.
- Intensive courses are priced by the day with a normal duration of 9.30am-3.00pm. A medical certificate will be required in the event of cancellation of intensive courses and block booking before any refund will be considered.
- An intensive course is designed to give unbroken driving tuition over a period of 2, 3, 4 or 5 days.
- Tuition times are 9.30am - 3pm from the customers home address if living within a 5 mile radius of the Excel Office or from Chichester Railway Station. Outside of this area a charge of £10.00 per day is made for collection.
- There is one comfort break at 12:00 until 12:45 at the discretion of the pupil and instructor.
- Residential intensive course customers will be collected by the Instructor from the B&B or hotel.
- Intensive courses are only booked on receipt of a non refundable deposit .
- Driving tests are only booked on receipt of the test fee by Excel.
- Excel requier all payments by bank transfer to Excel: Sort Code 20-20-65 Account Number 53815951
- All balance payments to made by bank transfer on the due date to the above account.
- Late payments. All payments after the due date will attract a £1.00 per day charge payable before commencement of the course
- An administration charge of £25.00 will be charged for re-scheduling of a test or course dates.
- Excel cannot accept any responsibility should the pupil move or change the test time or date. The course will still be conducted on the dates which Excel have booked with the instructor.
- Cancellation of a course requires 14 days by email. Failure to give notice by email would mean the customer is still liable for the full course fee.
- Illness. Excel require a medical certificate to postpone a driving course should you be unwell and therefore unfit to drive. Instructors and the Excel office must be notified of any medical condition.
- In the event of an instructor falling ill, Excel will arrange for a replacement qualified instructor as soon as possible.
- In the event of the instructors car breaking down Excel will provide a suitable dual controlled driving school car to continue the course at the first availably opportunity.
- In the event of the customer not wishing to continue the driving course all fees paid will be forfeited, as the instructor has been booked and paid for that time.
- All driving courses booked must be completed by the named person and cannot be transferred to other pupils or taken in hourly lessons.
- Residential course deposits taken by Excel for hotels or B&B’s are forwarded to the hotel and are non-refundable. All hotel and B&B bills should be settled when checking out on the last day.
- All course deposits are taken in good faith and are non refundable.
Excel Driver Training
4 Sudley Road
E Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The above terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
© Copyright Excel Driver Training