What is Ordit?
ORDIT is the Official Register of Driving Instructor Training. Excel Driving Centre Ltd are members of the Driving Standards Agency ORDIT register. At Excel we believe that to train potential driving instructors to the highest level required by ORDIT is essential. To be placed on the ORDIT register, the training company must be inspected and meet the following requirements;
- Clearly inform all perspective trainees in writing of the services provided, with particular reference to the trainers qualification, costs, venue, duration and content in relation to the ADI examination structure.
- Inform prospective trainees of the organisations terms of business and complaints procedure.
- Take all reasonable care, skill and diligence in providing training needs and safety
- Not disclose to a third party information given by a trainee during training or training process or driving and instructional ability where under obligation in Law or with the DSA as part of an ORDIT inspection or with a third party who is paying for a trainees training but subject to the trainees knowledge
- Ensure all vehicles used in training are maintained in a safe a satisfactory condition, properly insured, taxed and where appropriate certified as roadworthy.
- Apply an honest, moral, and professional approach in business practice and avoid improper language, suggestion or physical contact with trainees as well as maintaining proper standards of personal hygiene and dress
- Comply with all current legislation particularly in respect of business premises and practice, staff, vehicles and public liability.
The main objectives of the ORDIT Scheme are to ensure that;
- Satisfactory standards of training are available for members of the public wishing to qualify as Approved Driving Instructors (ADI’s)
- Satisfactory standards of training are available for ADI’s who wish to receive further training or re-training
- All trainers delivering training under the scheme have been tested by the DSA and accepted as being suitable for entry onto the register
- Any person seeking training with an organisation or individual whose details are entered in the register shoud be protected from unfair business practices and inferior training.
- Those organisations, premises and trainers which are successfully ORDIT inspected will be promoted through the ORDIT list contained within the DSA’s starter pack for potential ADI’s.
- The DSA and the ADI consultation organisations will only promote those organisations, premises and individual trainers entered into the register.
- Only those organisations, premises and trainers entered onto the register are entitled to display ORDIT certificates/badges to help the public recognize them.
- Any courses offered by ORDIT Members shall be genuinely adequate for the purpose of enabling a trainee to pass the ADI Qualifying examination.